Important: Please read these rules before entering this contest (the "Contest").
By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and TecAce with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL CAMERAACE USERS WHO ARE AT LEAST AGE 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW) AND VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE AND TECACE SOFTWARE, LTD (“TECACE”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by TecAce in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of TecAce and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law.
3. Disclaimer. TecAce and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of TecAce or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on May2nd, 2014 12pm Pacific Time (PT) Zone in the United States and ends on May 19th, 2014, 11:59pm PacificTime (PT) Zone (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to win a prize. TecAce’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period (1) visit the CameraAce Facebook page athttps://www.facebook.com/CameraAce; and (2) follow the instructions on how to submit your entry (the “Submission”). TecAce may display all Submissions on the CameraAce Facebook page. By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions listed below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that TecAce, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. By uploading your Submission, in addition to rights granted below, you: (a) grant to TecAce all rights necessary to display your Submission on CameraAce’s Web site and CameraAce’s Facebook page; (b) hereby waive any so-called moral (e.g., creative rights) in your Submission; (c) represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the rights granted in these Official Rules; and (d) represent and warrant that your Submission and its use as contemplated in these Official Rules does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- The Submission must be a slideshow;
- The Submission must be entrant's original creation and owned one hundred percent (100%) by the entrant; and
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates, misappropriates, or infringes upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- The Submission must not disparage any person or entity;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, and/or defamatory;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
For All Submissions: You may submit no more than a total of one Submission during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit, whether through multiple or different Facebook accounts or other applicable accounts or means will be void. Entrant must have signed permission from all individuals (parents/legal guardian of children, if featured and if not your own) that appear in the Submission to use their name and image in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested by TecAce, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to TecAce. By uploading a Submission, entrant grants to TecAce (and TecAce’s licensees and assigns) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the Submission in all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in any way TecAce sees fit including, but not limited to, entertainment, instruction/education, promotional, advertising and/or marketing purposes. In connection with all rights granted herein, TecAce (and TecAce’s licensees and assigns) shall also have the irrevocable right to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for TecAce or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by TecAce.
- Selection and Notification of Winner. A panel of judges, determined by TecAce in its sole discretion, (the “Judging Panel”) will select one first prize and four second prize (1) Submission as the prize winner. Selection of the winning Submissions by TecAce will be based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (a) how creative it is; (b) the extent to which it is inspirational; (c) how well tells its story; (d) popularity from Facebook such as number of ‘Like’; and (d) the quality of the Submission. The winner will be notified on or about May 19, 2014 by email or Facebook post. To claim the prize, the winner(s) should follow the instructions contained in his or her notification.
- Identity of Entrant. If a dispute arises about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential winner may be required to provide TecAce with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
- Prize. The prizes areone $300 and four $50 Amazon Gift Cards (the “Prize”). The one (1) 1st Prize winner and the four (4) 2nd Prize winners will be selected. The total approximate retail value of the Prize is $500. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The Prize will be awarded. If the Prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within ten (10) days after delivery of notification, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by the Judging Panel from all of the remaining eligible entries that meet the Judging Criteria. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prize will be permitted, except that TecAce reserves the right to substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value for the Prize. The Prize is awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). The Prize will be fulfilled approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks after notification of the Prize winner.
- No Facebook Endorsement. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. Any information you provide in connection with the Contest is to TecAce and/or its sponsors/administrators and not to Facebook. You understand that by using and interacting with www.facebook.com, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use ofwww.facebook.com. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies forwww.facebook.com, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Facebook.
- General Release. By entering the Contest, you release TecAce and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, or use of or inability to use any Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use winner's name, Facebook name, likeness, persona, hometown, and/or Prize information in all media now known or later devised throughout the universe in perpetuity for all purposes TecAce deems appropriate - including, without limitation, for promotional and publicity purposes - without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may (in TecAce's sole discretion) be required to execute a written consent, confirming TecAce’s right to use such winner’s name, Facebook name, likeness, persona, hometown, and/or Prize information without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit and Release. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, winner may (in TecAce's sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to TecAce a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by TecAce in its sole discretion.
- Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the state of Washington, U.S.A. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of TecAce, which are final and binding in all respects. TecAce reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond TecAce 's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or TecAce otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned, in which event all Prizes will be awarded via the judging process outlined in these Official Rules, from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TecAce reserves the right to amend, modify, or cancel the Contest at any time without notice. Entrants who violate these Official Rules; violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest; tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to TecAce, the Contest, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in TecAce 's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. TecAce reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contest Sponsor: TecAce Software, Ltd., 3015 112th Ave. NE, Suite #206, Bellevue, WA 98004.